The Hippest Place in the 905
Working together for the health of your pets, 24/7/365, since 1987
~the art of simplicity~
We sell comfort!
Advertise With Us
Discover all the advantages of an enriched profile and monitor your online reputation with Weblocal.caUpgrade your account
Be the first Weblocal.ca user to add photos or videos of Versailles Convention Centre
Versailles features an elegant foyer that combines class and sophistication to create an atmosphere of personal luxury. The warm glow of wall sconces and rich hew of green and gold provide the perfect setting for any event. Our expansive and flexible conference and banquet space manages to maintain a welcoming intimacy while comfortably ... more
I booked this venue for my brothers stag. Not sure about these other reviews, but we went through Mary Anne and Onkar and they were both delightful to work with. Any time I needed anything they went above and beyond to make sure the event worked out perfectly. The food was delicious, and the only problem was that we wanted to take some home but the guests ate it all up. The hall was spotless when we came in, and even when one of our guests managed to vomit all over the dancefloor the staff ensured that the mess was taken care of promptly. I really enjoyed the event that night and this hall is one of the nicer looking halls cosmetically. I am from Woodbridge, and my family has done many wedding parties at various halls within the Woodbride area, but no event has ever gone as well as the one we had at Versailles!
Had my reception at Versailles Convention Centre on May 15th 2010, and it went flawless! The food was amazing, the staff was very friendly and the facility looked great. My decorators were running kind of late, however the hall was nice enough to accomodate them and even help out with the decorations! The management were very kind as well, as they negotiated a price that fit our budget. Would definitely reccomend this hall to anyone who wants to get married!
Let me start off by warning anyone and everyone to NEVER book this place...NEVER...
Don't be deceived by low prices (as they *will* go up), Don't be deceived by the nice management (as they are all jerks), and don't be deceived by the nice look of the hall (there are many halls that are nicer and cheaper...Versailles is really starting to show its age since management doesn't maintain the hall....just do your hall-research).
We had an event at Versailles Convention Centre in the summer of 2009 and although the event went off without any major hitches, it was absolute hell to deal with any of the management team leading up to the wedding day.
1) I had started requesting a copy of the floor plan several months prior to the event (via email, phone call, vmail and in person) and did not receive a copy of it until the week of the wedding.
2) The contract states that you have to settle $$ in full 1 week prior to the event and after doing so, the hall called us 2 days prior to the event saying that we owed them more money. At this point, we had absolutely no recourse against them so we had to pay the additional significant sum of money that they were asking for otherwise risk them jepordizing our event.
3) Omkar is very difficult to deal with (to say the least). He's very brash, unprofessional in the language and tone that he uses and is very defensive when you question or request anything.
4) On 2 separate occasions, I had taken time off from work to meet with Marianne to discuss the logistics for the day of the event. I had scheduled both appointments for times that she had suggested since I wanted to make sure that there would be as few interruptions as possible. Both times, I called her the afternoon before our meeting just to re-confirm our meeting, and also gave her my ph. number so that she could contact me if anything changed. Both times she was over an hour late. No phone call. I had no choice but to wait for her. Once she claimed that there was traffic on the 407 and the other time she said that she had gotten into an accident (but she somehow still managed to drive in to meet me at the hall??)...
5) When she finally arrived things didn't get much better. We had wanted to have a cocktail reception in the lobby, since we had planned for some entertainment for this time and wanted to ensure that people would be able to spend some time in the lobby enjoying the entertainment. When I asked her about an appropriate layout for the lobby area (where should the food be, the bar, the entertainment, the gift box, etc, etc) Marianne had little advice to offer. It was almost like she had never planned an event at the hall before! I had to measure the space that we would require for the various components that we needed in the lobby and put together a floor plan of my own...
I could go on and on with examples illustrating the unprofessional, dishonest, unreliable nature of the management team at Versailles Convention Centre, but I will stop here.
All of that being said, our event was successful and there were no major issues on the day of (or perhaps we were only impressed because we had expected the worst).
But I would have much rather have avoided dealing with the hall altogether.
Please save yourself some undue stress and avoid Versailles Convention Centre.