Sage Elements Naturopathic Clinic, located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is proud to offer top quality and comprehensive naturopathic medical services to our community.
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct form of primary care. It is the embodiment of holistic care through the incorporation of physiological, mental, emotional and spiritual influences on an individual's health. Assessment of the individual's needs includes an in depth intake, as well as laboratory testing and a physical exam when warranted. While the types of concerns that present are varied, I have particular interest in digestive health, endocrine (hormonal) difficulties, emotional disturbance (anxiety/depression), fatigue, stress, pain management, as well as pediatric, men’s and women’s health concerns.
I offer a wide range of natural services and treatment options including:
Who typically visits a Naturopathic Doctor?
People visit my naturopathic practice for a variety of reasons. These may include, but are not limited to:
- irregularity, gas/bloating, ulcerative colitis/Crohn's)
Mental and Emotional Concerns
- e.g. anxiety/depression
Woman's Health Issues
- decreased libido
- healthy pregnancy
- menstrual concerns (PMS, etc.)
Men's Health Issues
- prostate health
- decreased libido
- eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne Candida
Pain - muscle, nerve, bone
Headaches - migraines, tension
Some patients come in without any particular concern, but are on a mission to optimize their health and be preventative in their health care approach.
My practice is guided by the founding principles of naturopathic medicine.
First Do No Harm (primum non nocere)
• To provide the most effective and safe health care with the least amount of risk possible
Identify and Treat the Cause (tolle causum)
• While symptomatic treatments may be used, our main goal is to treat the underlying cause of illness
The Healing Power of Nature (vis medicatrix naturae)
• We possess the innate ability to heal ourselves, Naturopathic Medicine strives to support this process
Doctor as Teacher (docere)
• To educate, support and help facilitate the individual in taking responsibility for their health
Treat the Whole Person
• Recognize physical, mental, emotional, environmental and social aspects of the individual and the roles they play in our health
• Encouraging optimal health through emphasis on prevention of illness, rather than the treatment of it after the fact
Through compassionate, top quality and individualized care I am committed to helping each patient reach their health goals.
Be the first Weblocal.ca user to add photos or videos of Sage Elements Naturopathic Clinic