We sell comfort!
We make your house a home!
Advertise With Us
Discover all the advantages of an enriched profile and monitor your online reputation with Weblocal.caUpgrade your account
I had a real estate liability matter which caused me a lot of anxiety and sleep. Once Yuvraj was hired, I felt I was in good hands. He reviewed my case in great details and was very effective in communicating the case with me in a matter I could understand. With Yuvraj's dedication and professionalism, he was able to obtain favorable results. Yuvraj made the process seem easy, which I am sure is due to his extensive experience in these type of matters. I would highly recommend Yuvraj Chhina.
My experience with Mr Yuvraj Chhina wasn't good either.
I had a Divorce matter that I brought to Mr Yuvraj to look into and represent me. I don't want to go in too much detail of what happened though. But all I wanted to say this guy has very less or no experience in this field. Mr Chhina worked very closely with my wife's lawyer and did whatever my wife's lawyers wants him to do.
Mr Chhina is a very RUDE, UNFAITHFUL AND VERY DISHONEST LAWYER.
I will never recommend this lawyer to anyone for any of the services. I came to know from his staff that Mr Chhina offers huge incentive to bring the customer in. Now that tells me that if Mr. Chhina staff is not faithful and honest to him how Mr Chhina can be honest with his Clients.
Mr Chhina advertise huge in south Asian community. I hope Mr Chhina realizes that word of mouth spreads quicker than flyers.
He charged me $200 an hour but half of that time he was on his cell phone talking to other clients, laughing and giggling. I hope law society will do something about lawyers like him.
His unprofessional was clear in the court room when he showed up without the required documents. This stupid guy has costed me my life savings, my home, and most importantly my child. He will never sleep a night of rest.
Rating is 0
Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina - Buyer Beware!!
You get what you pay for!
I put my Brampton home up for sale on February 12/2012. February 13 a flyer arrived in my mailbox for Chhina Sihddu Law Firm offering me $100 gift certificate. "it's just a real-estate deal" I thought to myself, so I called the phone number on the flyer.
The secretary answered that the price was "dollar sign 8-9-9 dot 9-9" yes, this is how she verbalized it verbatim.
I (mistakenly) went forward with Chhina Sidhu, and I am writing this review of their service, or lack-thereof to warn other would-be suspecting recipients of their flyers pertaining to the lawyer Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina.
I was guaranteed that my real-estate deal was simple seeing that i had no mortgage on my selling home, and required no mortgage on my purchasing home. And that it should close by around 3:00 PM on the day of sale/purchase and there would be no complications or worries. I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman. I should have listened to my intuition.
Here is what I learned by not listening to my intuition and dealing with Yuvraj Chhina of Brampton, Ontario:
- they can hardly speak English. Half of what was said, as a Canadian man, was lost in translation. I did not understand the broken English they speak.
- no legal secretaries. This is are a one-man show. The bulk of the work in real-estate deals is done by legal secretaries. There are no legal secretaries at this firm. There is one student receptionist that can barely speak English. Hence the lawyer (Yuvraj Chhina) is left to do redundant paper work that he clearly has no time pr want to do.
- being a one-man show, the following occurred:
- Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina was a day late for acceptance on my offer. I could have lost my new house deal due to him
- Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina didn't offer any read-receipts for vital documents that were emailed to him (indicating that he or his office had received them)
- no returned phone calls, you will be talking to Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina's voice mail, and that's all you will be talking to
- no returned emails, despite Blackberry in hand, you will not hear back from Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina via email
- my real-estate deal was as simple as they come. No mortgage required. Purchase of a brand new house. The buyers of my house approved with no house sale on their end. There were zero problems to be incurred. There was plenty of time for closing (60 days). Despite the ease of this deal,
I watched as my movers waited...paying them 125/hour to stand there waiting for Yuvraj Chhina. I was informed that my real-estate deal was put "last on the pile", and was told "my deal MAY close that day." Now I was facing moving into a motel overnight with my furniture in storage.
- I asked Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina to please keep me updated as I was paying movers $125/hour to stand there. He never returned one call leaving me sick with worry.
- I called five more times asking for updates as the movers waited to unload. Each time he said he would get right back to me -- he never did.
- at 4:57, 3 mins 'till the banks, I caled him flr the sixth time and he indicated that he just "got to my file."
- despite getting through to him, once again, I was left waiting. At 5:15 I called once again (seventh time) and was told me my keys would be given to me.
This lawyer does not care. He does not care of the stress you are already facing with the logistics of a moving day. In fact, it seemed like he was going out of his way to make things worse!
- Yuvraj Chhina didn't advise on Title Insurance where-as a paralegal friend chewed me out as apparently Title Fraud is becoming a huge crime. She was astounded that I was not advised of this.
- my sale package arrived with seven digit postal code...in Ontario seven digit postal codes do not exist, nor are they recognized by Canada Post. I took a picture of this and emailed it to him, no reply.
- holdback funds never arrived at all
- 10 emails and 21 phone calls to Yuvraj Chhina's office and still no holdback funds. I was once again victim of this man. At this point he owes me $490 in holdback funds as I paid my Brampton Taxes in advance
- his receptionist laughed as I told her I would have to report him to The Law Society of Upper Canada
- I would not recommend this lawyer Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina. I would strongly suggest you consider the expression "you get what you pay for" as you truly do
- tin my opinion and personal experience with Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina, he is unprofessional, unorganized, unmotivated, a one-man show, and cannot articulate basic English. You will not hear back from Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina as he is too busy taking on new clients via his flyers in the mail, yet does not have the time or any staff to deal with any of these clients. He will however take your money.
Buyer beware! You are nuts if you deal with Yuvraj (Raj) Chhina. Throw the flyer in the garbage and hire a proper attorney!