This was and is the worst room I have rented in my life. It was simply worse than quite a few rooms in 3rd world countries I have been in.
The ceiling was falling apart and yellow with cigarette smoke. Lighting fixture was broken and yellowed. Bath had rust stains and the tap was rusty and full of filth. The towel bar was broken and fell off the wall. The floor was dirty and looked like it hadnt been swept in weeks. The room REEKED of cigarettes and when I asked the clerk who was managing the place they suggested this WAS a non smoking room? The next day after it was "cleaned" it reeked of perfumed smoke as the cleaner tried to cover it up. I was told this was a renovated room to my horror.
My wife and I were humiliated to stay in this room, and worse we were humiliated by the staff member who suggested this room was renovated. What a load of rubbish.